Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm back.

Wow. I just read my last blog entry for the first time since I wrote it 5 years ago, and I honestly didn't even know it was mine. Actually, I forgot that I even had this blog until I had a sudden urge to start a new one last night, when I really should have been asleep in bed. Things have changed.... but not as much as I would have thought. In fact, ironically, I find myself in the very same boat today (literally today, because yesterday I hadn't been told yet that my teaching job would not be given back to me at the end of my maternity leave). So here I am, laden with various degrees, and still unsure as to what to call myself. Today, however, I have far less angst about it. I have a beautiful baby boy who defines my life right now, and I'm going to milk that (pun not initially intended, but I'll take credit for it now that I discovered it) for all its worth. I'm aware that I won't always be able to define myself first and foremost as a mother. One day, he'll be all grown up and making his own way in the world.... but today I am purely a mom, and I couldn't be happier about it.

No comments: