Monday, April 05, 2010

tersec, screte, creste, streec, ...

There comes a point in everyone's life when it becomes important to identify the little things that you do that no longer serve you and to stop doing those things as quickly as possible.  I've long since passed that point, and am still living with a scrambled up little secret.  I am a compulsive boggle player.  Specifically (to further embarrass myself), the Facebook application of boggle they call Scramble.  There it is!! It feels good to announce that to the world.  In my case, I'm not sure that habit ever actually served me in the first place, but it sure has been fun.  There's just something about the thrill of knowing there are hundreds of little words hidden in that board, waiting for someone eagle-eyed and astute and wordsy to find them all.      It's also a convenient way for me to feel that I'm somehow accomplishing something important, like a hundred times a day.  Unfortunately, as my husband likes to remind me when I'm sitting at the computer at 2:00 a.m., fighting my eye twitch to just win one more round, I'm not really accomplishing anything important at all.  Those not-so-gentle reminders are harsh, but I suppose they're necessary.  I'm not sure anyone other than me cares that I'm the #1 top scramble player out of all my scramble-playing friends.  Or that I often place 1st when I compete against other anonymous shlums in those sad cyber-rooms where all of us boggle dorks get together and flex our word muscles.  Anyway, now that it's out in the open, I'm not entirely sure what will happen.  Is this my first step in moving on to more productive ways to spend whatever free time I now have?  Maybe.  Honestly, though, I am hoping that you will read this and decide that you would immediately like to challenge me to a game of scramble.  Go on, you know you want to.

No comments: