Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let me count the ways I love thee, baguette.

I would just like to write for the record that Ace Bakery's bake-your-own demi baguettes are at once the most magnificent and the most evil things to have ever been invented.  It's downright dangerous to have ready to bake bread (especially BAGUETTES) in my freezer.  Gum-scratchingly crispy on the outside, meltingly (is that a word?) fluffy on the inside... Secretly, I have kept my money pit of a Costco membership until now, just so that I have an access point to these amazing little logs of frozen dough.

I am, by the way, painfully aware that this is now my second reference to Costco on this blog.  It's ok, though, because yesterday I spent most of the afternoon in Kensington Market....  That's logical to me, so don't worry about it.

No comments: